Chief Engineer / Assistant Chief EngineerMarina Bay Sands Pte Ltd -
- Organize and administer one or more of the functional areas within Facilities Department supporting the operations and functioning of Hotels and F&B; Casino Operations; MICE, Retails and attractions supports; Service Requests Team; Capital and AA work projects management; WSH and Fire Safety management; Facilities mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems maintenance; HVAC and CCMS operations and maintenance; and/or Energy and Utilities Management.
- Ensure an effective work control and productivity are maintained, whilst using every means to increase productivity and reduce costs. Periodically assist in the reviewing of the Team Members’ plan, keeping a balance between under and over staffing so that all Team Members are fully occupied during their hours on duty, whilst balancing the need for overtime and the use of outside contractors accordingly.
- Direct and supervise the implementation of the following in-house Operations & Maintenance; Services and Supports to other Business Units; and also all offsite offices, warehouses and workshops:
- An effective Trouble Report system, together with other day-to-day works of general maintenance and repair to ensure that the building, its contents and its surroundings are at all times in first-class condition throughout. Identify and arrange for all work necessary to maintain a high standard whether mechanical, electrical or civil, to be completed in good time.
- Ensure that a full preventative maintenance schedule exists for every item of mechanical and electrical plants or equipment, including that of other Departments such as Guest Services, Kitchen etc., as well as major plants such as lifts, chillers, boilers, cooling towers, air handling units and fans, pumps, automatic control systems, etc. Incorporate these schedules into the development of a comprehensive preventative maintenance scheme; direct and supervise the work of Team Members and outside contractors in its continuous implementation.
- Locally administer all capital projects. Complete and submit reports as directed by the Director of Facilities. Be familiar with all policies affecting the Property.
- Assist in assessing the long-term requirements of the property, including overhaul / rehabilitation programs or renewal/replacement works, etc., in conjunction with the Executive Director of Facilities; advise the Vice President of Facilities accordingly and assist in drawing up a comprehensive 5-year capital plan. Remain up-to-date with the latest technology and advise management on the potential impact on the Property.
- Ensure that all items of plants and equipment are operated in a safe and efficient manner, during the period required and in accordance with sound engineering practices. Closely monitor the effects of servicing and maintenance on their condition wherever possible. Ensure that all records of maintenance and testing are kept.
- Study and arrange for the implementation of all Health and Safety procedures in accordance with WSHC standards; coordinate and supervise the work of service contractors to ensure that the terms of all such contracts for major plants and system are fully implemented. Ensure that all outside contractors and in-house Team Members carry out their work, in accordance with and in adherence to Company, local and regional health and safety at work criteria.
- Keep up-to-date records of all test certificates & licenses, such as, but not limited to, electrical tests, pressure vessels, fire systems and panels, etc. Assist the Human Resources Manager in planning all Team Member-training needs for Fire, Health, and Safety and Security issues where applicable.
- Complete and provide all regular reports and statistics required by the Executive Director of Facilities. Maintain an efficient record & filing system as necessary.
- Maintain contact with local authorities such as Fire Department, Electricity Supply Company, Water Supply Authority, City Building and Health Inspectors, etc., to ensure that all requirements are being complied with and that assistance or advice will be readily available whenever required.
- Make frequent inspection tours, to check condition of building and equipment, and monitor work progress generally.
- Negotiate terms and conditions for all manufacturers / agents and service contracts with the assistance of the Controller. Ensure budgeting and financial planning for the Facilities Department. Be aware of the Property’s financial targets and have a commercial awareness of the financial plan. The Chief Engineer is directly responsible to the Executive Director of Facilities Operations, for operating the Department according to the Departmental financial plan and should implement savings wherever possible without detriment to safety or Guest satisfaction.
- Prepare lists of spare parts and materials required for the continued correct functioning of all items of plants and equipment; ensure that an adequate stock is maintained. Organize and supervise Facilities Storeroom, in implementing and efficient stores / inventory control.
- Study and periodically review the terms of all-utility supply contracts, etc. to determine whether these are the most advantageous that can be obtained.
- Hold regular meetings for Energy Conservation, Environmental issues, Fire Training (if applicable), Team Member Communications and Health and Safety. Also have frequent meetings with other Department Heads to review the current performance of their equipment and in the case of the Procurement, to review the current status of all Purchase Requests and Orders to ensure that all items are being progressed as necessary.
- With the assistance of the Human Resources Manager, select the Engineers for employment within the Department. Recommend and organize, where necessary, the training and development of any member of the Department with potential for advancement, either in-house or with another of our properties.
- A degree in Electrical, Mechanical or Building Engineering is preferred. Candidates with less qualifications but more years of working experience can be considered for the position of Assistant Chief Engineer.
- Preferably Registered Senior Fire Safety Manager with SCDF, Registered High Tension Switchgear Engineer with EMA, Registered MOM Safety Officer, and/or LEW is preferred.
- At least five years solid hand-on practical engineer working in any Integrated Resorts, Hotels, Conference and Exhibition Center and/or Shopping Mall providing Customers Service, Operations supports, and maintenance of plant and systems.
- Sound working knowledge on CRA compliance requirements. Understanding of local regulations, standards and ordinances on operations and maintenance of electrical installation, mechanical systems, vertical transportation systems, fire protection and life safety systems, and pools maintenance. Knowledge on renovation practices in terms of seeking approval and submission procedures to all government agencies and authorities.
- Able to handle multiple projects concurrently and yet able to work with minimum supervision and at time independently.
- Handle stressful situations. Respond calmly and make rational decisions, when handling Guest and Team Member conflicts.
- Work with internal management and Team Members, as well as outside support, to develop and maintain a continuing atmosphere of peak Guest and Team Member comfort and safety. Recognize and respond to individuals with their questions.
- Learn and retain locations, operation and repair procedures of this property’s mechanical system, equipment and life safety system.
- Possess excellent interpersonal, customer service, communication, team building and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledgeable and proficient in Windows, Excel, Word and Power Point presentation. Able to use Computer and telecommunication equipment, such as, Radio talkie set, telephones, fax, and copy machine.
- Have demonstrated ability to prioritize and view the “big picture”.
- Be willing to work any day of the week and any shift, long hours when necessary. Be capable of maneuvering for prolonged periods of time. Stoop, bend, reach, kneel, twist and maneuver up and down stairs.
- Meet the attendance guidelines of the job and adhere to Departmental and Company policies.
- Have a well-groomed, professional appearance.
- Have the manual dexterity to grab, grip, type, pull, hold, tear, sort, reach and file approximate paperwork.
- Be able to perform physical and mental duties of engineering Team Members.
Post Date 16 December 2017
End Date 29 December 2017
Other vacancies of Marina Bay Sands Pte Ltd
Marina Bay Sands Pte Ltd - Singapore
20 hours ago
20 hours ago
Marina Bay Sands Pte Ltd - Singapore
15 Dec - 1:23 PM
15 Dec - 1:23 PM
Marina Bay Sands Pte LtdSingapore - Across Singapore
Marina Bay Sands® is Asia’s leading destination for business, leisure and entertainment delivering once-in-a-lifetime experiences. The landmark building is situated in the heart of Singapore’s Central Business District and transforms Singapore’s skyline and the country’s tourism landscape.
The destination offers a luxury hotel, state-of-the art convention and exhibition facilities, theaters, world-class entertainment and the best shopping and dining in the region. The three hotel towers are crowned by the Sands SkyPark® on the 57th story.
Product & Services
Conveniently located in the heart of the Central Business District and 20 minutes from Changi Airport.
• Hotel: The Marina Bay Sands hotel has three 55-story towers with 2,561 luxury rooms and suites. The three towers are capped by the Sands SkyPark, which offers 360-degree views of Singapore’s skyline. It is home to restaurants, lush gardens, an infinity edged swimming pool and the world’s largest public cantilever housing an observation deck.
• Expo and Conventions: The Sands Expo and Convention Center has 1.3 million square feet of flexible convention and exhibition space. It can host over 45,000 delegates, 2,000 exhibition booths and 250 meeting rooms. It features Southeast Asia’s biggest ballroom, which can accommodate 6,600 people for a banquet, and up to 11,000 for an auditorium-style lecture.
• Shopping: The Shoppes at Marina Bay Sands has 800,000 square feet of retail and dining space. Luxury retailers include Bally, Cartier, CHANEL, Ferragamo, Franck Muller, Gucci, Hermès, Hublot, Hugo Boss, Louis Vuitton, Miu Miu, Omega, Patek Philippe, Prada, Tiffany & Co. and Yves Saint Laurent. New brands include Anne Fontaine, Henry Cotton’s, Leviev, Marisfrolg, Moiselle, Rabeanco, Stefano Ricci, and Wolford.
• Restaurants: Dining at Marina Bay Sands is a gourmet experience with over 50 dining choices. These include celebrity-chef restaurants helmed by Mario Batali, (New York), Daniel Boulud (New York), Wolfgang Puck (Los Angeles), Guy Savoy (Paris), Tetsuya Wakuda (Sydney) and Justin Quek (Singapore). Marina Bay Sands features signature restaurants, modern bistros and a premium food court.
• Entertainment: Marina Bay Sands energizes the entertainment and nightlife scene in Singapore with nightclubs, world-class entertainment, a museum and a casino. The museum, which has a lotus-inspired design, will feature blockbuster exhibitions from around the world. Two state-of-the-art theaters will open with a total of about 4,000 seats. The Broadway hit The Lion King will debut in Sands Theater, with Le Theater presenting shorter-run shows such as concerts, award ceremonies and gala events. The outdoor event plaza along the promenade next to Marina Bay will host audiences for watching events on the bay or on the plaza.
Why join with us?
Launch your career in Asia's most spectacular entertainment destination.
For a rewarding career with exceptional benefits, join us!